Winter Break: It’s Closer Than You Think

We are in the last week of school before Winter Break.  The days will be a combination of loud giggles and barely managed chaos as we finish projects, spread holiday magic, and play.  Even our sunsets are providing good cheer and awe.

December sunset.

Sixth graders have been working on a top-secret project for some special young people.  I am amazed and cheered by the heart my students share throughout their participation in the operation of the secret letter.  These missives are destined to brighten the holiday for dozens of young boys and girls.

Do you have a special tradition you pursue during the holidays?  We would love to hear about it!  Tell us about your festive fun in the comments.

3 thoughts on “Winter Break: It’s Closer Than You Think

1. I remember doing those! Oh, how fun that was! I also remember when I got one of those letters when I was little, the joy it brought to me was immense! Thanks for bringing back a good memory.

• Hey There!
      The ability to experience and then create joy is priceless. Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed both sides of the activity. Happy New Year!
      Hugs,
      Mrs. D